Sunday, March 29, 2009

Assign. 9-1

Weekly Written Analysis:
Sunday Best

Sunday Best is a gospel talent show that comes on BET on Sunday evenings. Let me tell you, this talent show is out of sight! If you want to really hear some real talent singing, then this is the show for you. Unlike American idol, the prizes are not as elaborate. The contestants win a new car, and a recording contract.
I started watching this competition last season, which was the first year of its existence. It seems to be getting better with the talent it is attracting. You must be as least 16 years of age to compete in this competition. This year the youngest contestant is 17, and she is a singing powerhouse!
Being a singer myself, it still amazes me and uplifts me to hear such beautiful gifts that God has given these individuals. There is such a wide variety of singing styles that you will find someone that is to your liking. If you get a chance to tune in, please do! BET on Sunday evenings at 9:00pm ET. You won’t be disappointed, I promise you that!

1 comment:

  1. I think that Gospel music is very powerful. I am glad to hear that there are shows out there that are not as mainstream! I think that American Idol is extremely overrated. Do they sing in a group or just solos?

    ReplyDelete